The East Rockaway Gull

For Students, by Students...

The East Rockaway Gull

The East Rockaway Gull

Poll

The class with the hardest AP test has to be...

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lanacella
Lanacella
Olivia Yagnisis, Vice-President • April 19, 2024
The Evolution of Coachella
The Evolution of Coachella
Caroline Cronin, Student Writer • April 19, 2024
Inside the Preppy Trend
Inside the Preppy Trend
Olivia Price, Student Writer • April 19, 2024

Terraria: Game Review

Terraria: Game Review

Terraria, a game with vast green lands and lots to explore, thrills, chills, and plenty of content. This game is an intriguing rpg with adventures to distant lands, a good progression system, and lots of boss fights. There is so much to cover about this amazing game so let’s just get right into it.

When you just start to get the game

You saw a possibly fun RPG on the Steam Workplace. You saw that it was on sale for 50% off! Now that it’s only $5 you got it and loaded it up. At first, you see the loading screen where you can do a lot. But what we’re focusing on right now is the play option! So you see and you create a new character. You customize them to your liking. Then use the character you just made. After that, you customize a world for various difficulties, world sizes, and different evils. Then after that, you load into your world. Now it’s time to hop right into gameplay!

Starting gameplay

So progression early on is mostly just breaking trees, making a workbench, and crafting things on it. (not 2d Minecraft) after that, you would most likely go exploring to find a cave. Caves can have good treasures. But with great reward comes great risk. Different enemies could try to fight you in the caverns. But with your wood greatsword or copper sword you could fend them off. There could also be traps in the depths. Including boulders, dynamite, falls, etc., you also have the chance to find golden chests which could also be “dead man chests” which just means they have a lot of traps attached to them.

Pre-Hardmode Bosses

Bosses are a key part of terraria and its progression. Some bosses can be hard, and even insane depending on the difficulty. The first recommended boss to fight is the king slime you summon him by either crafting his summon item or waiting for it to rain slimes and kill a lot of the slimes. He looks like a big slime with a crown that could teleport with a ninja inside of it. The second recommended boss to fight is the eye of Cthulhu which is a giant spinning eye Which turns into a mouth when you get its health low enough. You will need some strong armor and weapons for this boss fight cause he can pack a punch especially on master mode. After that it’s your world’s respective evil biome, either corruption, eater of worlds, or crimson, brain of cthulhu. One of them is a huge brain that will spit out eyes at you and the other is a huge worm, you will need even more advanced weapons and armor to defeat these guys. And then there is the queen bee which is in the underground jungle. This opponent takes a lot of strength because it shoots poison stingers and bees which both respectively do a lot of damage. Skeletron A formidable boss found at the entrance of the Dungeon. Defeating Skeletron grants access to the Dungeon and its treasures. Wall of Flesh This is the final pre-hardmode boss and serves as the gateway to hard mode. It is summoned by tossing a Guide Voodoo Doll into lava in the Underworld. Defeating the Wall of Flesh triggers a world-altering event, transitioning the game to hard mode.

Hardmode Bosses

The Twins are a pair of mechanical bosses that consist of two eyeball-like creatures, Retinazer and Spazmatism. They are stronger and more challenging than most pre-hard mode bosses. Defeating them yields valuable materials for crafting powerful hardmode gear. The Destroyer A massive mechanical serpent that resembles a mechanical version of the Eater of Worlds. It’s a challenging boss that can be summoned using a Mechanical Worm. Defeating it provides resources for crafting advanced gear. Skeletron Prime Another mechanical boss, Skeletron Prime is an upgraded version of Skeletron. It features multiple mechanical arms and lasers. You can summon it using a Mechanical Skull. Beating Skeletron Prime grants access to further progression in the game. Plantera A giant plant boss that guards the Jungle’s underground jungle temple. Defeating Plantera is necessary to unlock further exploration and boss battles in the hardmode Jungle. This boss resides in the Lihzahrd Temple and is the guardian of the Jungle’s temple. To summon Golem, you’ll need to defeat Plantera first. Golem drops valuable loot, including the Picksaw, which allows you to mine Lihzahrd Bricks and access the temple’s treasures. Duke Fishron Duke Fishron is a formidable aquatic boss that can be summoned by using a Truffle Worm as bait while fishing in the Ocean biome. It offers a tough challenge and drops powerful weapons and accessories. Lunatic Cultist The Lunatic Cultist is a unique boss who summons illusions of himself to attack you. Defeating the Lunatic Cultist initiates the Lunar Events, leading to even more challenging encounters. Moon Lord The final boss of Terraria’s hardmode, the Moon Lord is an otherworldly, eldritch entity that requires defeating the Celestial Pillars before it can be summoned. It’s an extremely challenging boss with multiple phases and drops some of the best gear in the game.

Mods

Mods are a big part of terraria, though not necessarily they are fun and some people would only play with mods (Big mod fan myself). All you have to do is load up “Tmodloader” on steam like normal terraria, and there is a workplace tab! No unnecessary folder searching or advanced coding, It’s easy! Some popular ones are the fargo soul mod, calamity mod, etc. those are used for difficulty and new content. There are also a lot of QOL mods (quality of life) I could not give just a couple because there are so many great ones. But mods can really show some content that terraria needed, or just fun things to do on the side!

Multiplayer

Terraria can be single or co-op. Multiplayer is a fun game mode to play with your friends if they also have terraria. All you have to do is get 2 people to make a character and 1 person to create a world and then a friendship on steam, and then there you go, a multiplayer world! These can be fun if you are both starting or one person is experienced or both! It’s fun either way. Multiplayer could have a lot of people, which has a lot of perks. Including things like duels, capture the gem, races, etc. and some things that can only be obtained through multiplayer like the wormhole potion which teleports you to your teammate if you guys are on the same team. Overall multiplayer is a very fun game mode that you can play with your friends.

Overall game review

Terraria is a fun game if you want a fun fairly cheap RPG game. There are so many different aspects that make it better, like all I mentioned above. So there are so many things to do in the game. Explaining why I have 999.7 hours in it. I give the (somewhat) biased rating of 9.3/10.

View Comments (1)