The East Rockaway Gull

For Students, by Students...

The East Rockaway Gull

The East Rockaway Gull

Poll

The class with the hardest AP test has to be...

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lanacella
Lanacella
Olivia Yagnisis, Vice-President • April 19, 2024
The Evolution of Coachella
The Evolution of Coachella
Caroline Cronin, Student Writer • April 19, 2024
Inside the Preppy Trend
Inside the Preppy Trend
Olivia Price, Student Writer • April 19, 2024

Inside the Preppy Trend

Preppy has been a new craze that has come up on social media and in closets around the country. The traditional definition of preppy is someone who graduated from a prep school. But the newer, style-based definition evolving from social media has become defined as relaxed, beachy, often expensive and often using pink, white and pastel colors.

Preppy became a recent trend that started among teen girls. Most are obsessed with skincare and makeup and purchase some expensive products just for the looks. Some of the “preppy” makeup and skincare brands are Glow Recipe, Drunk Elephant, Bubble, Byoma, Rare Beauty, Dior, Tree Hut and Sol de Janerio. Preppys also have very distinct clothing, usually wearing styled outfits from brands like Lululemon, Princess Polly, Nike, and Urban Outfitters.

Preppy rooms are very bright and colorful mostly with pink, white, gold and pastel colors. Their rooms usually have fun posters made into a collage shape–something to display their beauty and overall they just have a tidy room.

Whether you think preppy is beautiful or cringy, it’s sure to be seen across schools over this next summer season and beyond.