The East Rockaway Gull

For Students, by Students...

The East Rockaway Gull

The East Rockaway Gull

Poll

The class with the hardest AP test has to be...

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lanacella
Lanacella
Olivia Yagnisis, Vice-President • April 19, 2024
The Evolution of Coachella
The Evolution of Coachella
Caroline Cronin, Student Writer • April 19, 2024
Inside the Preppy Trend
Inside the Preppy Trend
Olivia Price, Student Writer • April 19, 2024

Give “Thanks” to these Thanksgiving Essentials

Thanksgiving is rolling just around the corner with November kick-starting this week. Thanksgiving can be one of the most enjoyable holidays, with family coming together and bunches of good food. There is nothing worse than being excited to prepare a new recipe and finding out halfway through you are missing a key kitchen essential. In this case, you may find yourself using water bottles instead of rolling pins, skipping steps, and overall a mediocre meal. Having the right equipment can maximize food quality, and make a potentially stressful holiday turn into one of ease and laughter. So to start preparing for this turkey season, get your hands on these 5 kitchen essentials…

•  Meat Thermometer: Starting off strong, a meat thermometer is essential to have especially when baking your own turkey. This is especially good if you are not a frequent chef or unable to tell how a well done turkey is supposed to look. This will help you assure your tasty goods are fully, but not overcooked.
  •  Roasting Pan: Additionally, a roasting pan should also be on your list of must-haves. A roasting pan will allow a brown, less fatty, and seared turkey. Furthermore, due to the design you make also put a bed of vegetables underneath to absorb some of the juices.
  •  Brining Bag: Brining is seen as the go-to to guarantee a tender and juicy turkey. Brining is the act of soaking a turkey in salted water for many hours or even overnight to lock moisture while in the oven.There are many different ways to brine but the easiest way, especially for beginners would be to purchase a brining bag.

•  Carving Board: A carving board is a special board, not to be confused with a cutting board. A carving board may have special attributes such as special divets and dents within the board. These are purposed to securely hold the turkey and catch and prevent juice leakage.

•  Pie Dish: Pie arguable may be the best dish of the season. But to assure the crusty, golden brown crust we adore so much, a glass pie dish may be essential as they offer visibility. Most of all, besides being visually appealing, make sure your dish is oven-safe.

Overall, America’s biggest cooking holiday is emerging. To be prepared this turkey season add some of these tools to your cart before they sell out!

Sources: