The East Rockaway Gull

For Students, by Students...

The East Rockaway Gull

The East Rockaway Gull

Poll

The class with the hardest AP test has to be...

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lanacella
Lanacella
Olivia Yagnisis, Vice-President • April 19, 2024
The Evolution of Coachella
The Evolution of Coachella
Caroline Cronin, Student Writer • April 19, 2024
Inside the Preppy Trend
Inside the Preppy Trend
Olivia Price, Student Writer • April 19, 2024

Why Holidays are Important to Families

Why Holidays are Important to Families
Perrone, Sara

Holidays are important to families because they provide valuable time together and help to make more memories. Many families love to spend holidays together because they get to spread their love and support to one another. Holidays give people a sense of belonging. Keeping some traditions in families during the holidays can help tie them together. Holidays, especially Christmas, involve doing activities together that can assist with strengthening family bonds.

Holiday festivities can be a way to catch up with family members that you have not seen in a long time. One thing that I like about the holidays is seeing my cousins and just having the opportunity to see everyone at the same time is special and important to me. That could be a very important reason for many other families too. Some families may not have a family member there. A family member could have passed away and they won’t be there during the holidays to celebrate and it could be a hard time for them. 

Holidays are good for families to reconnect because they can help maintain a good friendship with your relatives. Traditions are very important and meaningful to friends and family because they provide a sense of comfort and stability in the household and extended family. 

Another reason holidays are important to me is because my family is important and special to me. My family means the world to me. The holidays are the best time of year.