The East Rockaway Gull

For Students, by Students...

The East Rockaway Gull

The East Rockaway Gull

Poll

The class with the hardest AP test has to be...

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lanacella
Lanacella
Olivia Yagnisis, Vice-President • April 19, 2024
The Evolution of Coachella
The Evolution of Coachella
Caroline Cronin, Student Writer • April 19, 2024
Inside the Preppy Trend
Inside the Preppy Trend
Olivia Price, Student Writer • April 19, 2024

Movie Review: The Eras Tour

Taylor Swift is one of the biggest stars in the music industry. Her net worth is 1.1 billion dollars and increasing. There are 103 million Swifties in the world, and 53% of adults claim to be Swifties. Throughout her almost 17 years of making music, she has made history with her concerts, music, and more. Some say the Eras tour was the best concert they’ve ever been to. The Eras tour is so huge she made it into a movie for people who can’t afford to go to the concert.

I was ecstatic when I learned that the Eras tour was turning into a movie. It felt like a blessing because I couldn’t afford to go to the concert and I was so upset. She has made many people very happy yet again. 

Walking into the movies, I was so excited to see the concert. Although I unfortunately couldn’t get the designed popcorn buckets or drinks because they were sold out, I was still happy to be there. I decided to dress up; I dressed as 1989, my favorite album, wore friendship bracelets and had a 13 on my hand. 

When the movie started and we watched the intro, I was so happy and excited. The first era was Lover. She came onto the stage and started singing “Cruel Summer”. She also sang “Miss Americana & The Heartbreak prince”, “The Man ”, “You Need To Calm Down”, and “Lover”. This era was really good and fun to watch. It was upbeat and her outfit was so pretty. She was already off to a great start.

The next era was Fearless. There were only 3 songs from this era. She first sang the song “Fearless”. She then sang “You Belong With Me”, and “Love Story”. I loved this era because it was so nostalgic. I used to listen to these songs when I was little and it was so good to hear these songs like this. 

The next era was evermore, she started with a more upbeat song called “Willow”. She then sang “Marjorie”. This song was so sad. She also sang “Champagne problems”, and “Tolerate it”. This era was so good but so sad and it made me emotional. 

The next era was Reputation, which I was so excited for because I watched the Reputation Stadium Tour movie and I loved it. “…Ready For It?” was a great song to start to and I loved her intro. She also sang “Delicate”, “Don’t Blame Me”, and “Look What You Made Me Do”. Her high note in “Don’t Blame Me” was amazing. This was definitely one of my favorite Eras to watch. 

When she started the Speak Now era, I was both excited and disappointed because there is only 1 song from the album. She sang the song “Enchanted” and it was amazing. She wore a sparkly, poofy princess dress. It was so pretty and perfect to wear for this song/era. Although I wish there were more songs from this album, I still loved hearing “Enchanted.” 

The Red era was also very nostalgic for me. I loved this. She played “22”, “We Are Never Getting Back Together”, “I Knew You Were Trouble”, and “All Too Well (10 Minute Version)”. I especially loved “All Too Well” because it’s one of my favorite songs and hearing this in the movies with other Swifties was amazing. 

The next era was Folklore. Folklore is definitely in my top 5 albums. I loved this era so much, it was one of my favorite eras to watch. She played “The 1”, “Betty”, “The last great american dynasty”, “August”, “Illicit affairs”, and “My tears ricochet”. She performed this so well. I am a little disappointed about how she didn’t sing the whole song for illicit affairs, but she sang it so well. The note change was perfect and this era was so good. 

1989 is my favorite album. I was so excited for this era because I was dressed specifically for this era. She played “Style” first which was so good. She also played “Blank Space”and “Shake It Off”, which was one of my favorite songs when I was little. She played “Bad Blood” last. I had so much fun during this era. 

I was so excited for the surprise songs, I was wondering what they would be. I was hoping one of them would be from her debut album, and it was. She played “Our Song” first. This made me so happy because it’s so cool to see her perform a song from her very first album now. Then, she played “You’re On Your Own, Kid”. This song was so good and made me emotional because it was about her middle school/high school experience. I was so happy with these surprise songs and loved them. 

The last era was her most recent album, Midnights. She also did this so perfectly. She started with “Lavender Haze”. She then sang “Anti-Hero”, “Midnight Rain”, and “Vigilante Sh*t”, which was my favorite performance from the Midnights era. She also played “Bejeweled”, “Mastermind”, and ended the movie with “Karma”. 

For the credits she played “Long Live”, which was perfect for the credits but I was upset that it wasn’t in the actual movie. This movie was an amazing experience. It was perfect. Even though I couldn’t go to the real concert, it felt like I was there. This movie made me so happy. Her music is so powerful, and I love that she did this movie for us.