The East Rockaway Gull

For Students, by Students...

The East Rockaway Gull

The East Rockaway Gull

Poll

The class with the hardest AP test has to be...

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lanacella
Lanacella
Olivia Yagnisis, Vice-President • April 19, 2024
The Evolution of Coachella
The Evolution of Coachella
Caroline Cronin, Student Writer • April 19, 2024
Inside the Preppy Trend
Inside the Preppy Trend
Olivia Price, Student Writer • April 19, 2024

Lady Rocks Volleyball: Serving up Success

Perrone, Sara

If you were to find yourself walking into the Rocks gym after a long school day at 4:30, you would discover the East Rockaway Girls Varsity volleyball team. A group of 17 hardworking, persevering, and goofy girls… full of spirit, liveliness, and vigor. 

The team is led by Coach Ksenia Brito and Assistant Coach Brooke DeJulio. However, while Coach Brito was absent on maternity leave the initial 3 weeks of the season, junior varsity, and junior high volleyball coach, Loreen Peknic got the team off to a great start. Now the team upholds a record of 8-5 while playing up 2 conferences. The lone C (small school) team in Conference 3 has been able to take down large triple and double A teams such as Oceanside, and Carey, along with shutting down various other A schools. As of now the Rocks hold the number 2 seed, falling short behind number one… Garden City. 

Perrone, Sara

Last time East Rockaway Girls Volleyball made it to states was 2016. Along with this the last time the program held the title of Nassau County champions, was back in 2019. Keeping this in mind, the girls are working hard towards great things! The Lady Rocks are scheduled to take on the Carle Place Frogs on November 6th for the County Finals at SUNY Old Westbury.