“Senior Spotlight: Gabriella Baccari”

Gabriella Baccari, Staff Writer, Treasurer

The Gull will be spending the next several months featuring a member of the class of 2021! Catch up with a different senior every week in our Senior Spotlight feature below.

Meet Gabriella Baccari. She is one of our very special seniors here at East Rockaway High School. Gabriella is a very active member of the Class of 2021 and a very involved student at ERHS as she is the Vice President of the Student Council, the Treasurer of The Gull, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Senior Chorus, and the District Musical, a member of Key Club, and a member of the Student Cabinet. She has participated in the District Musical since 6th grade and has been very involved in Rock Rivalry all four years of high school. Gabriella shines through her kindness and academic achievements through her time at ERHS. During her free time, Gabriella loves hanging out with friends and completing  community service. On weekends she works as a manager at a sensory gym called Sensory Beans and during the summers is a staff member at Camp Anchor; a camp for people of all ages with special needs. The Class of 2021 is so lucky to have her as one of their students.

Gabriella was asked an assortment of questions about her time here at ERHS:

What song title best describes your senior year experience?

“These strange times” – Fleetwood Mac

What is your specialty lunch?

The famous Turkey and Cheese Sandwich 

What is your favorite memory from a teacher?

Mr. Cuttitta’s funny stories about him being a “monsta” back in the day!

What are your plans for the future?

“I will be attending Adelphi University’s Nursing Program in the fall in hopes to get BSN and become a Labor and Delivery Nurse.”

What people (friends, coaches, teachers, etc.) have had a positive influence on your life?

“All of my friends and teachers who have gotten me through high school <3”

If you were given one song to blast over the loudspeaker on the last day of school, what would it be?

Obviously my favorite hype song of all time, “Time of Our Lives” – Pitbull and Ne-Yo

What is something that you will truly miss at ERHS after you graduate?

“Being able to walk through the hallways and see all my favorite people and many familiar faces. East Rockaway has given me so many amazing opportunities and I have met the most amazing people. I will cherish all the memories I have made over the years with me forever.”

Thank you for sharing, Gabriella!