“Senior Spotlight: Grace McNally”

Gabriella Baccari, Staff Writer

The Gull will be spending the next several months featuring a member of the class of 2021! Catch up with a different senior every week in our Senior Spotlight feature below.

Meet Grace McNally. Grace is one of our very special and talented seniors here at East Rockaway High School. She is an active member of the Class of 2021 with being Entrance Chairmen for Rock Rivalry the past four years, and participating in the District Musicals since 7th grade. Grace is currently the Vice President of the National Honor Society, and President of Tri-M Music Honor Society. Her intelligence shines through the many AP classes she takes. In Grace’s spare time, she works as an assistant director and choreographer at To The Stage and is always involved in community theatre. The Class of 2021 is so lucky to have an amazing student like Grace!

Grace was asked an assortment of questions about her time here at ERHS;

What song title best describes your senior year experience?

“Everything Has Changed” by Taylor Swift

What is your specialty lunch?

Grilled chicken and chips 🙂

What is your favorite memory from a teacher?

“One time in a musical, Mr. Shloen stopped the whole pit because one of our lines was ‘stop’ and he took it too literally.”

What are your plans for the future?

“I plan to major in musical theatre in college and go on to perform or open up my own acting studio.”

What people (friends, coaches, teachers, etc.) have had a positive influence on your life?

“All of my friends and teachers that I’ve had over the years, but especially those involved in the music department.”

If you were given one song to blast over the loudspeaker on the last day of school, what would it be?

“Long live” by Taylor Swift 

#SwiftieForLife

What is something that you will truly miss at ERHS after you graduate?

“All of the experiences that I’ve had at ERHS. As stressful as Rock Rivalry can be, I’ll never get an experience like that ever again, and I’m so grateful to have gotten it in the first place. Also, the musicals! The casts are always absolutely incredible, I’ll miss sharing the stage with them!” 

Thank you for sharing Grace!