The East Rockaway Gull

For Students, by Students...

The East Rockaway Gull

The East Rockaway Gull

Poll

The class with the hardest AP test has to be...

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lanacella
Lanacella
Olivia Yagnisis, Vice-President • April 19, 2024
The Evolution of Coachella
The Evolution of Coachella
Caroline Cronin, Student Writer • April 19, 2024
Inside the Preppy Trend
Inside the Preppy Trend
Olivia Price, Student Writer • April 19, 2024

A Cup of Cheer: Ranking the Best Holiday Beverages

Both Starbucks and Dunkin have delicious menus…

Inviting all coffee lovers and all who love the holidays!  This is the ultimate list of the best seasonal drinks from Starbucks and Dunkin.  No matter what place you prefer–icy or hot, sweet or not–there is a drink here for you to love or be your new signature holiday order. The list is short, but packed with the best of the best.

#1- Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate (Dunkin)

Dunkin has always made their hot chocolate tasting to perfection.  This year they added a spin for all the candy cane lovers.  The taste of peppermint makes the drink even more enjoyable and festive.  Many people don’t love coffee, which makes this drink more inclusive to that group of people.  The regular hot chocolate is still available for those who stick to their roots, but if you’re looking for more taste, this drink might be for you.  

#2- Peppermint Mocha (Starbucks)

Many people around the holidays have the favorite drink of a peppermint mocha.  This drink from Starbucks is one of the more popular picks during this time of year.  The sweet taste of peppermint mixed with the chocolate flavor, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings make this drink what I would describe as candy cane wonderland.  Iced or hot, you are enjoying your favorite drink out in the cold or bundled up in cozy pajamas to watch a holiday movie.

#3-Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte (Starbucks)

This drink can be described as the nostalgic feeling of baking cookies with your family.  The warming taste of cookies mixed with icy milk creates a bundle of joy in a drink.  Similar to Dunkin’s Cookie Butter Cold Brew, the taste feels like home.  Although the drink isn’t super packed with holiday flavor, the drink brings back memories of the holidays.

#4-Oleato Gingerbread Oat Milk Latte (Starbucks)

The word gingerbread sparks immediate joy into people’s hearts because it reminds them of this time of year and decorating houses as  child.  The gingerbread cookies and houses bring a spicy new flavor to the holidays that Starbucks incorporated into a drink.  A growing favorite that made people happy, reminiscing on memories from the drink.

#5-Cookie Butter Cold Brew (Dunkin)

Dunkin came up with the cookie butter cold brew as a holiday drink and it’s Dunkin’s best caffeinated holiday drink.  The flavor blends well and makes people feel nostalgic from the taste of cookies.  Around the holidays everyone loves the smell of freshly baked cookies, so why not order that to start off your day?