The East Rockaway Gull

For Students, by Students...

The East Rockaway Gull

The East Rockaway Gull

Poll

The class with the hardest AP test has to be...

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lanacella
Lanacella
Olivia Yagnisis, Vice-President • April 19, 2024
The Evolution of Coachella
The Evolution of Coachella
Caroline Cronin, Student Writer • April 19, 2024
Inside the Preppy Trend
Inside the Preppy Trend
Olivia Price, Student Writer • April 19, 2024

The Jets Upset Philadelphia

On October 15th, 2023, the Jets played the undefeated Eagles at MetLife Stadium.  Predicted to lose, the Jets still went in playing their hardest.  The stadium was as packed as it was in May for Taylor Swift.  The noise was at an all time high because of the many Eagles fans that came to support their team.  They were attempting to rattle the Jets players.  Celebrities including Lea Michelle, Ralph Macchio, and Tyler William James attended to support the Jets.

When I was pulling into the parking lot, the stadium was packed.  Jets and Eagles fans came from all over to support their team.  After finally arriving at my seats, the section started a chant.  I got flashbacks to the Eras Tour where everyone did her chants in unison.  “E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!”  I realize I got stuck in a section with an overbearing amount of Eagles fans.  Every mistake the Jets made and every play the Eagles started, they would erupt in obnoxious cheers.  

The Jets stayed in the game purely because of their kicker.  He didn’t miss one field goal for them making the score at halftime closer than expected. After 2 touchdowns, the Eagles fans in my section got confident.  They start high fiving everyone saying the Eagles stay undefeated.  Little did they know in the last 5 minutes, their quarterback would throw an interception.  The Jets fans finally scream.  A game winning touchdown and successful 2 point conversion puts the Jets over the edge to take down the undefeated Eagles.  It was a good day to be a Jets fan.

View Comments (1)