The East Rockaway Gull

For Students, by Students...

The East Rockaway Gull

The East Rockaway Gull

Poll

The class with the hardest AP test has to be...

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lanacella
Lanacella
Olivia Yagnisis, Vice-President • April 19, 2024
The Evolution of Coachella
The Evolution of Coachella
Caroline Cronin, Student Writer • April 19, 2024
Inside the Preppy Trend
Inside the Preppy Trend
Olivia Price, Student Writer • April 19, 2024

2023 World Series Predictions

Can the Houston Astros win again?

Are you up to date with the MLB postseason? So far this post season has been very entertaining and dramatic. It has been filled with many tears and smiles from fans from all over the country. Unfortunately, neither of the New York teams got anywhere close to the post season, so I personally wasn’t sweating it, but there is always next year (I hope). 

Before even getting to the final games leading up to the World Series, there was the wildcard. The wildcard was very interesting because the teams that won that series swept the other team. The teams that moved onto the next round were the Minnesota Twins, Texas Rangers, Philadelphia Phillies and the Arizona Diamondbacks. The next round is the Division Series ,which is for both National League and American League teams. The teams that won that round for the American League were the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros. For the National League, it consisted of the Philadelphia Phillies and the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Now that you have some context, we are now onto the final round before the World Series: the Championship Series. The Championship Series consists of a series between the Rangers and Astros along with the Phillies and Diamondbacks. These two series are getting crazy since two Texas teams are playing against each other and the other two teams have impressive talent. 

As of right now I believe the teams that will be in the World Series will be the Houston Astros and the Philadelphia Phillies. The Astros came back to take the lead by leading the series 3-2 and the Phillies have been playing really well with having a series tied 2-2. The last few games of these series will be critical and very interesting to watch. I really don’t want the Astros to win because of the cheating scandal a few years ago, but if they are truly the best team this year, then they will find a way to win.

Now that we’re down to the wire, the question remains: Who do you think will win the World Series? Make sure to leave your predictions in the comments below.