We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Back to Article
Back to Article

We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Samantha LaChiana, President

Seasonal concerts and performances as guests at community events are relatively substantial moments as a Senior Chorus, and although these are often annual events, students work on these long awaited showcases almost daily in class.  Imagine the opportunity to perform among thousands of people on a stage or platform and sing as a choir into echoing microphones attached to speakers all across a great hall or stadium. While the East Rockaway Senior Chorus had the opportunity to be the opening act for the Radio City Rockettes back in December of 2018, our good fortune didn’t end there! On November 26th, 2018, the ERHS Senior Chorus were called upon to perform at the as the Washington Capitals visited the New York Islanders at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. After preparing for months, the day ultimately came and bestowed such an amazing and life-long memory in all of our minds and hearts.

On Monday afternoon the excitement began as students in the chorus headed down to the auditorium with their belongings including their ERHS Senior Chorus sweatshirts and prepared to walk to the train station. Despite the not-so-ideal weather conditions, we trotted through the rain with pep in our step and immense, impulsive excitement and disbelief that the day had finally come. Personally, my stomach was not nearly as filled with butterflies as the trip to NYC to perform at Radio City, due to slight amount of experience gained from performing in front of crowds of thousands at the music hall. Though, Barclays Center had a different character to it—as you could imagine. Standing among crowds of passionate fans cheering and chanting for their favorite teams as tensions rise between the rivals; some even sitting side by side.  Everyone in the chorus had an incredible time and it was an experience that will never be forgotten.

• We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Showcase

The Curriculum Fair Comes To East Rockaway High School!

• We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Showcase

Vignettesgiving!

• We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Showcase

Student Cabinet

• We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Showcase

Meet Mr. Gibbons!

• We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Showcase

A CANtinuation

• We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Showcase

Why This Month is Important …

• We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Showcase

• We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Opinion

Brawl Stars Review

• We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Student Life

A Helping Hand During the Holidays

• We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!

Opinion

We Made It Onto The Jumbotron!