Time to Mock!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Time to Mock!

Anthony Romano, Secretary

Mock Trial is a club at East Rockaway High School that is focused around digging deep into the specific details of a case and taking a side on the case just like if you were a lawyer.  The advisers for mock trial are Ms. Francis and Mr. Canale.  This years’ first mock trial competition was held on Tuesday, November 14.  The participants in this years’ mock trial competition were Timothy Neckles, Sharon Oosterwijk, Natalia Rogala, and Anthony Romano.  Aadil Khan, Kristina McDougal, Daniel O’Moore and Peter Wilson came on the trip to the Nassau County Supreme Court building and they were a huge factor in the success we had that day as they offered tons of assistance in preparation for the competition.

As a member of the mock trial club, I was very nervous heading into the competition but as all of us presented our claim in front of the Supreme Court judges, we were all surprised at how well we did.  The group  did an incredible job  presenting our argument.  Even though the questions  we had to answer were more difficult than a regents exam, we excelled..

Even though we didn’t win this competition, we have incredible experience and outstanding knowledge of what to expect at the next competition in February.  All of us will now know the importance of preparation.  Going into this competition  we worked on many thinking maps to help organize our thoughts  and helped us understand the case.

Soon we will begin preparing for our next case which we will have to present to a judge at the competition in February, I highly recommend if anyone is interested in a career in the law field to join this club.  Even if you’re not interested in a career like that, it is a fun club to be a part of and it is very interesting to read about these court cases.

• Time to Mock!

Showcase

Student Cabinet

• Time to Mock!

Showcase

Meet Mr. Gibbons!

• Time to Mock!

Showcase

A CANtinuation

• Time to Mock!

Showcase

Why This Month is Important …

• Time to Mock!

Student Life

Spectacular Spirit Week!

• Time to Mock!

Creative Writing

An Endless Road

• Time to Mock!

Showcase

Student Cabinet

• Time to Mock!

A & E

Spirit Week in East Rockaway High School

• Time to Mock!

Showcase

Meet Mr. Gibbons!

• Time to Mock!

A & E

Fortnite!

Time to Mock!