The End of An Era

Laura Millar, Staff Writer

As football season goes into full swing once again, the East Rockaway marching band faces the end of an era. Mr. Thomas Schloen, fine arts chairperson, has retired. Mr. Schloen was very loved by the whole community, especially the music department, not only for his hard work, but for his dedication to his students. Mr. Schloen was involved in Jr./Sr. band, jazz band, the pit for the musical, marching band, and the art program. For the many years, Mr. Schloen has directed the band, his ability to inspire his students has never failed. The thought of the band going on without him brought sadness and devastation.

Curiosity about who the new director would be began to grow among band members when finally, he was announced: Mr. Pete Ceglio. The band felt relief and happiness being placed in the hands of Mr. Ceglio. Having most of the band as students during elementary school, there was already an instant connection. Mr. Ceglio succeeded in reuniting the band after news that seemed to make that impossible. The music department again began to feel the sense of unity that Mr. Schloen had worked hard to create over the years.

With musical direction from Mr. Ceglio, the band can join the football team on their journey this season. The band will be playing many songs while the cheerleaders do their routines in order to increase the energy of the football team along with the crowd at all of the home football games! Go Rocks!

• Creative Writing

Welcome Back

• Creative Writing

Welcome Back

• The End of An Era

Creative Writing

Changes

• The End of An Era

A & E

Being Acknowledged in the Art Industry

• The End of An Era

Opinion

Screenagers

• The End of An Era

Student Life

Tastes as Good as it Smells!

• The End of An Era

Opinion

Hard Hits Hit Hard

• Student Life

A Night To Remember… Sports Night 2017

• The End of An Era

Opinion

Is Honesty the Best Policy?

• The End of An Era

Creative Writing

Seven Billion Souls

The End of An Era