Pancake Frenzy

Samantha LaChiana, Staff Writer

On Sunday, April 2, 2017, the Kiwanis Club had its annual pancake breakfast. It was held at St. Raymonds Elementary School, located on 263 Atlantic Avenue in Rockaway. The Kiwanis Club is a national community service organization that promotes world peace and people coming together to make the world a better place. The Kiwanis Club participates in many fundraisers. Each activity is specific to the needs of the town.

The Pancake Breakfast is an event where volunteers or Kiwanis Club members make pancakes, refreshments, coffee and tea for the community. All citizens are welcomed to come and eat pancakes with their children, family members and friends! It is such a fabulous event where the community can come together and do something so simple, yet kind.

This is my second year participating in the Pancake Breakfast. I can honestly say that I wait for this event all year because of how much I enjoy it. The first time I took part in it, I came home and told my mother “I want to be a waitress!” I was only joking, but part of me loves the idea of seeing the looks on people’s faces when handing them the pancakes. It is great to see how something so simple can be so touching. Also, having great conversations with the children is such an enjoyable experience. They’re absolutely adorable!

The event displays the generosity and love that people have for our community. The true message is to convey how happy you can make so many people just by being generous.  Just imagine how many people’s lives you could improve by taking a few hours out of your day to help out people for a good cause.

Some of us seem to forget that making a difference, whether it be of worldwide significance or something that affects just one person, doesn’t take much time and is 100% worth the effort if it will make our home and Earth a better place.

• Creative Writing

Welcome Back

• Pancake Frenzy

Showcase

The End of An Era

• Creative Writing

Welcome Back

• Pancake Frenzy

Creative Writing

Changes

• Pancake Frenzy

A & E

Being Acknowledged in the Art Industry

• Pancake Frenzy

Showcase

The End of An Era

• Pancake Frenzy

Opinion

Screenagers

• Pancake Frenzy

Student Life

Tastes as Good as it Smells!

• Pancake Frenzy

Opinion

Hard Hits Hit Hard

• Student Life

A Night To Remember… Sports Night 2017

Pancake Frenzy