Jersey Boys

Sarah Donnelly, Staff Writer

With one week before the final curtain call, I decided to venture to 245 West 52nd Street, in New York City. There at the August Wilson Theatre, in the flesh, was the Jersey Boys musical… The show has been running on Broadway for an outstanding 11 years. The musical won four Tony Awards, a Grammy, and more, all shortly after the opening in 2005. As of November 2016, Jersey Boys is the sixth highest grossing Broadway show of all time, grossing a total of $548.4 million.

The atmosphere in the theatre was amazing for the people who waited in line in the freezing cold weather, right after a fresh snowfall. The audience was as lively as ever, giving plenty of standing ovations, singing along to the soundtracks, and clapping their hands to the greatest hits of the Four Seasons. Performing at numerous places other than the Broadway Stage, the Jersey Boys Musical has made their presence known throughout the country and world. Eventually, a film was created in 2014 based on the musical and biography of Frankie Valli’s life.

Along with the cast members playing Bob Gaudio, Nick Massi, and Tommy DeVito, Mark Ballas of “Dancing With The Stars” on ABC stole the show playing Frankie Valli, showcasing his hidden vocals that are almost identical to those of the master himself.

The first performance commenced on October 4th, 2005. The outcome was amazing, filled with nothing but good reviews about the four city boys who grew up close to our home in New Jersey. Throughout the journey of this Broadway show, there was an abundance of positive reviews and press. The movie that was directed by Clint Eastwood in 2014 was also very successful. Casting was based more on crew members from the musical, rather than your famous television and film actors. The movie grossed $67 million dollars around the world. Twelve years later, on January 15th, 2017, The Four Seasons said goodbye to Broadway  in the most magical way, in the brisk of winter. The musical was nothing short of exciting and extravagant, no matter how many times you went to see it.

• Jersey Boys

Showcase

Alumni Day at East Rockaway High School

• Jersey Boys

Showcase

East Rockaway’s Got Talent!

• Jersey Boys

Showcase

Time to Mock!

• Jersey Boys

Showcase

Metropolitan Museum of Art Trip

• Jersey Boys

News

Camp Kesem

• Jersey Boys

Showcase

Dec’ the Halls

• Jersey Boys

Showcase

The Last Kick Off

• Creative Writing

Welcome Back

• Jersey Boys

Showcase

The End of An Era

• Jersey Boys

Showcase

Alumni Day at East Rockaway High School

Jersey Boys