East Rockaway’s Pitch-Perfect Performers

On December 14, 2016, East Rockaway got a chance to experience the talents of our music department.  The school’s annual Winter Concert was a big hit this year with amazing performances from both the middle and high school. Middle school students recalled their experience at the concert.

Maddy Prucha commented on her experience in the concert. She explained, “As a cellist in the middle school orchestra, I had a firsthand experience of the production, and it is one that I will not soon forget. This was my first East Rockaway Jr./Sr. concert, and I was astounded by the level of difficulty that the performers play at.  After the middle school’s concert performances, we were given the option to come and watch our high school peers bring down the house, and they certainly did. Their playing is concert-grade, and if I hadn’t seen the performers with my own two eyes, I wouldn’t believe it was them.  From the melodic symphonies of the chorus to the extremely entertaining pieces of the band, I was truly left in awe.  My first concert at the high school has set my passion for music into high gear.  I have the most talented role models ever to look up to.”

Sofia Valdebenito also explained what her experience was like. She explained, “This was also my first Jr/Sr winter concert. I performed in the chorus and orchestra (as viola). I adored each and every performance. Both orchestras played diligently, both band groups played forcefully but enticingly, the jazz band’s improvisational music fit perfectly into the concert, and the chorus intrigued the audience with the harmony of voices. The level of skill in these masterpieces not only astonished the audience, but myself also. I have been participating in the winter concert since third grade, and it is one of the best decisions in my life.  Music has become my passion thanks to the winter concert. I’ve been able to find my pathway in music and will keep following it for the rest of my life.”

• East Rockaway’s Pitch-Perfect Performers

Showcase

Alumni Day at East Rockaway High School

Showcase

East Rockaway’s Got Talent!

Showcase

Time to Mock!

Showcase

Metropolitan Museum of Art Trip

News

Camp Kesem

Showcase

Dec’ the Halls

Showcase

The Last Kick Off

• Creative Writing

Welcome Back

Showcase

The End of An Era

Showcase

Alumni Day at East Rockaway High School